- Filed a class action antitrust case against Pacific Seafood Group alleging monopolization of the Dungeness crab, shrimp, groundfish and whiting seafood markets on the West Coast. The suit seeks treble damages of up to $520 million.
- Secured two large antitrust settlements for the firm’s clients in Westwood v. Weyerhaeuser and Coast Mountain v. Weyerhaeuser, $34.5 million and $14 million respectively.
- John Michael Cooke, Ron Swor, and the International Church of the Foursquare Gospel v. Tim Tubra, secured a jury verdict of $355,000 for former pastor on defamation claim and protected verdict on appeal in all Oregon appellate courts and the United States Supreme Court
- Middleton v. City of Sherwood, secured settlement of $250,000 for former Chief of Police concerning military-service discrimination claim
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
- Represented the State of Washington against negligent parties involved in an oil spill off the Washington coast. The settlement remains the largest oil spill settlement on record in the State of Washington.
- Negotiated a $25 million Forest Service land acquisition in the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area on behalf of landowners whose land was downzoned as a result of the National Scenic Area designation.
- The East Side CSO (“Big Pipe”) Project, represented joint venture Peter Kiewet and Billfinger Berger before Portland City Council, which was awarded a $500 million contract for the Portland tunnel project to reduce sewage and stormwater overflows into the Willamette River.
- Lancaster v. the Siletz Tribal Business Corporation, successfully defended tribal economic development entity in action for wrongful termination in tribal court and on appeal
- Kootenai Tribe of Idaho, representation of natural resource interests of Tribal importance in a variety of contexts, including District of Oregon’s long-running Federal Columbia River Power System litigation, ESA litigation in the District of Montana and Idaho Roadless Rule litigation in Idaho District Court
- Androutsakos v. M/V PSARA, Chevron U.S.A. and PSARA Shipping Corp., obtained $11.6 million verdict for a client who sustained severe brain injury as a result of a maritime accident.
- Achieved $3 million dollar settlement, which remains the State of Washington’s largest ever natural resources recovery.
Real Property & Land Use Law
- Negotiation of a $25 million Forest Service land acquisition in the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area on behalf of landowners whose land was downzoned as a result of the National Scenic Area designation.
- A $3 million verdict on behalf of SDS Lumber Company in the first inverse condemnation property takings case involving the northern spotted owl to go to trial.