An Oregon native, Michael Haglund was one of the founders of this prestigious Portland, Oregon law firm in 1988. Mike graduated in 1973 from Western Oregon University with a B.A. in Education, and he received his law degree from Boston University in 1977. At Boston University, Mike served as Note and Comment Editor from 1976-77. In 1982-83, Mike served as an Adjunct Professor of Law at Willamette University. Prior to law school, Mike taught junior high school in Memphis, Tennessee.
- Super Lawyer
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell for ethics and legal ability
- Board of Governors, Oregon State Bar
Community involvement is one of the hallmarks of Haglund Kelley, and as founding partner, Mike Haglund leads by example. Mike’s many years of civic and charitable work include the following:
- Founder of the Volunteer Lawyers Project, the flagship attorney pro-bono project for the Multnomah Bar Association (MBA). Mike was President of the Project from 1978-83 and continued to serve on the board of the Project for many years. The Michael E. Haglund Award is awarded annually in honor of volunteer legal work that emulates the MBA’s mission of service to the community and stewardship of the justice system.
- President, Multnomah Bar Association, 1989 and 1990. In addition, Mike has served on numerous boards and commissions for both the MBA and the Oregon State Bar.
- Board Member of PACT (Portland Action Communities Together, now Portland Action), a non-profit serving the Southeast Portland community.
- Board Member, “Total Education,” Archdiocese of Portland in Oregon.
- School Board Member, All Saints School.
- First lay law Board Member for Mt. Angel Seminary.
- Lawyer Delegate, Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference.
- Volunteer baseball, softball and basketball coach for Hollywood Little League and CYO (Catholic Youth Organization).
- American Bar Association
- Multnomah County Bar Association (President, Board of Directors, 1989-90)
- Oregon State Bar President (2013)
- Oregon Circuit and Federal Courts
- Federal Claims Court
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- J.D., Boston University
- B.A., Education, Western Oregon University